Monday, June 6, 2022

European Culture - Dan

When it comes to European culture, I noticed financial transactions feel different than from the US. On a basic level discussed earlier, taxes are implemented into the prices of food and goods already. Some new observations I would like to comment on would be that in Europe, cashiers most of time ask for specific payments when using cash such as an extra amount of cents to better round when giving change. Additionally, they can be more flexible about exact change over a few Euro cents if it means exchanging more even change. They are also more likely to forgo a few Euro cent if it means cleaner change back to the customer. In the US, cashiers are less flexible about forgoing a few cents and often break change with whatever is handed to them. It’s really cool to see and from the perspective a person who likes nice, round numbers, I love it! 

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2022 at 5:33 PM , Blogger William Balsdon said...

I really liked having to deal with nice round numbers (I wish we could do this in this U.S.). I found it interesting how cashiers are much more flexible there compared to here at home. I also liked how we were able to use coin change more compared to barely using coins in the US.

 
At June 8, 2022 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Taylor Hanley said...

I also agree it was nice to deal with round change. I know that there is a 1 euro cent coin, but I dont think I ever had one in my possession. I think the only time I saw one was when Zoey showed one to me.

 
At June 14, 2022 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Brianna M. said...

I loved the fact that the price listed on the item was the actual price you had to pay (without the pesky tax charge). I wish that was something we could have back here in the US. I’ve definitely had to undergo a readjustment period regarding payment here haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home