Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Culture-Taylor

 Something that I noticed through out the trip, and especially after eating at a resturaunt in Amsterdam was how consuming water during meals is different. I know that I personally drink a lot while I am eating, so it was really different when I was given a glass bottle of water half the size of a glass of water in an American restaurant. The glasses they gave us to put the water in were also very small, like the size of an alcohol or child's glass. When Mallory, Brianna, and I were in that resturaunt in Amsterdam, we each ordered a large bottle of water meant to be shared with the whole table, and we all drank them completely. I think the waitor thought we were a little wierd. I don't know if we just drink more liquids than them in general because all of their bottle sizes are smaller, or if it's because water is generally free in the US, or they look at water as more of a sipping drink, but I could definitely tell a difference. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home